COVID Challenge $250k funding available
Working on a health or wellbeing solution to tackle COVID-19?
An exciting opportunity is being offered to small to medium sized enterprises that have a product or service that directly addresses the impact of COVID-19.
If you, or someone you know in your networks, is working on the development of a health or wellbeing solution that will help reduce the impact of COVID-19, you/they could be eligible for the $250,000 funding opportunity.
EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST ARE NOW OPEN
The total funding pool available for the Challenge round is $500,000.
- Highest ranked applicant: $250,000
- Second-highest ranked applicant: $100,000
- Third-highest ranked applicant: $30,000.
- Highest ranked applicant in each Innovation District that is not one of the state-wide overall recipients: $10,000 for each of the 12 innovation districts
Eligibility Criteria for Challenge One.
To be eligible, businesses must have:
- an ABN registered in NSW and is based in NSW
- fewer than 200 employees
- operated for at least 12 months, based on date of ABN registration
- at least $75,000 in sales revenue within the last 12 months or previous financial year
- a product or service (which may still be in development) that directly addresses the health and wellbeing impact of COVID-19 that it intends to market within 12 months
- ownership that is at least 75 per cent Australian and is not more than 50 per cent owned by another business.
Eligible businesses must also provide:
- an operating profit and loss statement for the last 12 months or previous financial year
- brief profiles of key personnel such as CV or LinkedIn accounts
- nomination of their primary innovation district partner.
The following will not be considered eligible for funding:
- solutions that do not directly respond to the challenge statement for health and wellbeing solutions that address the impact of COVID-19
- solutions designed to improve internal business processes
- a Commonwealth, state or local government agency or body including government business enterprises.
Please forward onto anyone in your network who you think may be eligible.
For full eligibility requirements, details of the support package to apply and to lodge an official Expression of Interest.
This initiative is funded by the NSW Government.
For further information contact Siobhain Howard, Acting Manager Innovation Hubs on 02 6933 4004 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.